The creator of the term „alternatives“ is famous physiologist David Smyth, author of the book Alternative to Animal Experiments (1978). This term has been used to describe any change in conventional scientific procedures that will lead to replacement of animals in the experiment, reduction in the number of animals used, ...More
Thanks to a better understanding of the ability of animals to feel pain, suffering and anxiety, recent changes in the way animals are treated in the experiment have taken place and the level of protection of laboratory animals is high today. There is a growing interest not only for the ...More
Regarding differences in the terminology between experimental and laboratory animals, it should be emphasized that the experimental animal is any animal used or intended for use in experiments, whereas the laboratory animal is the animal specifically bred for the purpose of experiments. Nevertheless, in contrast to laboratory animals, experimental animals ...More
By joining the Society, you have the option of continuous exchange of opinions and experiences in the field of work with laboratory animals, directing and improving work with laboratory animals ...More
For more than 35 years, the Croatian Laboratory Animal Science Association (CroLASA) has been gathering scientists, experts and other professionals who use laboratory animals in their work. The Society currently ...More
The Society has been established with the purpose of gathering and continuous scientific and professional training of biomedical scientists who use laboratory animals in their work as well as laboratory ...More
News / Notifications
- Knjižica "Direktiva 2010/63/EU, Komisija za provedbu Odluke 2012/707/EU i preporuka Komisije 2007/526/EC", zajedno sa svim prihvaćenim smjernicama za provedbu Direktive 2010/63/EU mogu se preuzeti u svim EU jezicima u slijedećoj poveznici.
- Basel Declaration Society objavio je 3R izvješće – zaključak – Animals in experimental research in Europe are treated with care
- Invitation to the EPAA Annual Conference, 22 November 2017, Centre de Conférences Albert Borschette (CCAB), European Commission; 36 rue Froissart, 1040 Brussels
- Danski 3R center organizira simpoziji 7. i 8. studenog u Kopenhagenu, detalji na poveznici.
Tečajevi Charles River – Rodent Surgery Training Sessions – sljedeće su u studenom (poveznica).
Otvorena je mogućnost organiziranja FELASA Severity Workshop – molimo zainteresirane ustanove da jave na mail CroLASA broj osoba koje bi sudjelovale, mogući datumi i lokacije kako bismo mogli proslijediti FELASA.
- ABSA International objavila je A searchable laboratory-acquired infection database (više detalja nalazite u poveznici).
- EPFIA - Animal welfare Highlights za rujan.
- Understanding Animal Research objavio je 360 Lab Tour te bilten za listopad.
3RS-Centre Utrcht Life Sciences bilten: Zebrafish and humane endpoints